Monday, March 29, 2010

Sea Urchin Attack Turns Ugly!!!

OK -- so the sea urchin thing is still ongoing. Friday night I had a fitful sleep. I was awaken by incoherent text messages and a swollen Achilles heel. Unfortunately, I had to cancel my attendance at an all day Saturday meeting at school (boo hoo). After visiting 3 clinics I had a Dr. look at my wound and say "you need a surgeon". He hooked me up with a great Egyptian doctor -- kind of an elder statesman. He was so jovial and engaging. He had to stick 5 extremely painful anesthetic needles in my Achilles heel and the sole of my foot. 1 for each quill that the sea urchin left. He was then able to cut out the foreign body. He insisted I take the day off and I didn't argue. He also wanted me to take the next day off as well, but I thought I was tough enough to endure the 2nd day of my training seminar (I nearly died of boredom however). I am now on a 5 day run of CIPRO for all you druggies out there. 750 mg. OD. He is trying to whack the shit out of the infection I apparently developed.

It is Monday and the official start of my 3 day week. My Achilles heel is swollen and red but I have no worries that the drugs won't kick in and kick some ass. I leave for Amman, Jordan on Thursday. I will spend one night in Amman, 2 nights in Petra, 1 night at the Dead Sea and then I am free and open with nothing booked. I will attempt to cross the King Hussein bridge over into Israel but I must be cautious not to have my passport stamped or it will cause me huge problems getting back into the Arab world. They will hopefully stamp a separate piece of paper so I can then enter the country and spend 3 nights in Jerusalem before heading back to Amman, Jordan for my final night and flight back to Abu Dhabi.

This is be my 4th and final adventure for this school year (the past 10 months). I am already planning my destinations for the 2010-2011 school calendar. I will probably bring my MAC on holiday so I can blog as I am in transit and perhaps upload pictures. Let's see what discoveries and acquaintances I make this time around.

Love Rhett XOXO

1 comment:

  1. OMG you poor thing - yikes - let's hope nothing else happens to you and you come home safe - thinking of you

    Pammy
    xo

    ReplyDelete