Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Lots of Pictures

Hey everyone -- go back to the very beginning of the blog to see all the pictures I have posted.  Hope you enjoy.

It is Wednesday and I have had some diarrhea for a couple of days and crampy stomach.  I had to leave my classroom this afternoon from noon until 1:30 and lay down in the nurses's office -- I went to the Gulf Diagnostic Centre and waited about 1 hour -- saw a doctor -- got prescriptions for free and my visit cost me AED 50 which is approx. $16.00.  Everything was covered by my school medical insurance (drugs, tests, dr.) -- I only had to pay the $16.00 bucks.  I have gastroenteritis, which is inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract.  A student in my class was just in hospital for this very same condition -- I believe I caught it from her.  So many germs and viruses floating around in the classroom.  I clean most days with Lysol Bleach, but I must be more diligent.  They clean the desks, but not thoroughly -- I will have to start doing this nightly.  The doctor is requesting a stool sample to check whether or not this is viral or bacterial.   I am laying low tonight and hopeing this passes.  I am still in limbo regarding my Friday departure for Muscat, Oman.  If I don't get a positive response from the travel agent by tomorrow then the trip is off and it will be just a few days in Dubai and going into school to catch up and just rest for the Eid-al-Fitr week holiday.

Enjoy the pictures -- there are more to come soon,

Loretta -- Goddess of the swampy belly!!

3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear you are not feeling well - what a drag ! let's hope you are back on your feet soon.

    miss you
    Pammy
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie said....

    Oh no!! Rumble tummy!! Get plenty of rest and be good to yourself.



    Sixteen dollars for an office visit - I'd be getting tucked, pulled, Botoxed, and Obama'd Arms for that medical care!

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete