Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Time Has Come!!






It's Saturday, August 15, the day before I depart for Abu Dhabi.  I am sitting at The Social Bean with my brothers and sister.  My bags weigh over 85 lbs each -- 3 of them!!!!  Go big or go home!!  My Gravol- induced sleeps every night have been fabulous.  Each day has had me running around Windsor on errands, lunching with friends and saying my good-byes (so sad).  I am ready to begin my adventure in the United Arab Emirates.   Stay tuned for news, stories and photos.   You will all be with me on this journey!!

3 comments:

  1. Next post we'll need an update on all the stories related to the bags!! Have a great time and soak up all the experiences - and let me know when visiting will begin - can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cockroach traps??

    Is it too late to turn around???


    -Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhetta, what an incredible contadiction you are living in--the extreme wealth--treasures that are beyond the grasp of all but the most wealthy vs. the extreme poverty of people trying to scrape out a living in the desert. And then you are trying to negotiate with the custodians to get furniture for your room!!! Ugh!! Thank God (a.k.a. Allah) that your were raised to be Jarbeeg!

    ReplyDelete